Hundreds of East Palo Alto students received backpacks filled with felt-tip markers, paper, rulers, pencils and pens, among other items, through a collaborative effort between Samaritan House South and One East Palo Alto and contributions from local businesses, community groups and religious organizations, among others. Some 350 backpacks were distributed at the Barbara A. Mouton Multicultural Wellness Center Friday, Aug. 16.
- Rep. Elijah Cummings was a sharecropper's son, took on Trump
- London commuters scuffle with climate activists
- The Latest: British pound surges on Brexit outline deal news
- Kurdish commander: Trump approved deal with Russia, Damascus
- Aid groups scramble to reach Syrians as battle lines shift
- Global shares mixed on caution over Brexit, China-US trade
- UK and EU reach Brexit deal; still needs ratification
- South Korean soccer team tells of 'rough' match in Pyongyang
Trending Stories on smdailyjournal.com
- San Mateo Draeger’s sold
- South San Francisco woman arrested for murder
- McDonald’s manager arrested for drug sales
- Half Moon Bay land swap could lead to sea trail
- New life for Buringame's former post office
- Former San Mateo police officer guilty of 14 felonies
- Foster City has testy session regarding new housing rules
- Men behind bars after San Mateo drug bust
- DoorDash opens shared kitchen in Redwood City
- San Mateo County police reports
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.