Speaker: Elizabeth Landsverk, M.D., Board Certified in Geriatrics, Internal and Palliative Care Medicines.
Non-treatment of pain in elders, and medication mismanagement have become enormous challenges for elders, families and elder care professionals.
Dr. Landsverk discusses what to watch out for, what medications are helpful and which to avoid. This applies to all elders as well as those living with dementia.
* Why is pain in elders ignored so often by medical professionals?
* Why is it difficult for medical professionals to determine that a patient living with dementia is in pain?
* What medications are best for pain and why?
* Why do medications for agitation and anxiety sometimes do harm?
* What are some strategies and solutions for overmedication issues?
* What works, what doesn't and how to choose?
* Q & A after the talk
FREE, RSVP 650-322-0126 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented by Peninsula Volunteers, Inc..