(BPT) - Face it, everyone loves to eat a delicious, hearty breakfast. Whether your tastes tend more toward the sweet or the savory, breakfast is one meal that has something for everyone. And the especially good news for families is that most kids love breakfast, too. Haven’t you heard one of your kids get excited when you come home from work exhausted after a long day and announce that “breakfast’s for dinner”?
Since brunch has become the staple of Mother’s Day celebrations, why not find creative ways to celebrate your next occasion with a great breakfast, whether you're making the special meal at home or eating out together?
It doesn't matter if the occasion is a birthday, an anniversary, a baby shower, engagement party, gender reveal party or just another successful week at work — why not have a fun, festive celebration with your friends and family that everyone can sink their teeth into? Kids and adults alike all love pancakes, so here are some ways you can turn the next celebration in your family into an enjoyable breakfast party, any time of day.
- Happy birthday to you! Stick the right amount of candles into a stack of yummy pancakes and have the birthday boy or girl make a wish when you’re celebrating a birthday with family or friends. Prefer waffles or French toast? That works, too.
- Wish the happy couple well when you celebrate their engagement over some scrumptious waffles and fruit.
- Wedding breakfast — This one's a no-brainer, since it's already a breakfast celebration. Know where the couple will be honeymooning? Maybe you can pay tribute to their honeymoon destination if you pick up your wedding breakfast at IHOP, using their IHOP 'N Go online ordering platform to enjoy international pancakes like Italian Cannoli Pancakes and Mexican Tres Leches Pancakes, or New York Cheesecake Pancakes.
- Baby shower — Enjoy opening gifts for the baby and playing a couple of silly games while everyone savors their favorite delicious breakfast items or simple coffee and pastries together.
- Bastille Day — Does it matter if you're French? Mais non! Bastille Day is on July 14 — and it's the perfect excuse to enjoy delectable savory or sweet crepes.
- Labor Day — Make it easy on yourself this Labor Day and go to IHOP for burgers instead of lighting up the barbecue grill in the summer heat ... but don't worry, breakfast is still on the table. This summer they introduced The Big IHOP Pancake Burger, a burger with a buttermilk pancake griddled with cheddar cheese and layered between two patties.
Speaking of IHOP, the iconic brand is hosting a celebration of its own in honor of its 61st anniversary. On Tuesday, July 16, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., you can visit the location nearest you and enjoy a 58-cent short stack of world-famous buttermilk pancakes to commemorate its founding in 1958. It's the perfect venue for any celebration, especially one you want to sneak breakfast into.
Plan your next big milestone or holiday — or even the in-between celebrations like acing a test or a family dinner — around the ever-popular meal of breakfast, at home or out, any time of day, for an unforgettable celebration.