crime scene logo

The San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office on Wednesday identified the suspect in a Tuesday stabbing near Skyline Boulevard as 26-year-old Pacifica resident Malik Dosouqi and John Sione Pekipaki, 31, of East Palo Alto, as his victim.

Pekipaki was the second man to be stabbed to death in as many days on a segment of Skyline Boulevard, sheriff’s Lt. Stephanie Josephson said.

As of about 2 p.m. Wednesday, Skyline Boulevard between Reids Roost and Swett roads in unincorporated San Mateo County, the site of the Tuesday stabbing, had reopened after being closed while investigators processed the scene, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

The first case was reported at 11:09 p.m. Monday by a deputy who found a man who had been fatally stabbed in a dirt area west of Skyline Boulevard and just north of Reids Roost Road.

The victim has since been identified by the Coroner’s Office as 32-year-old Pacifica resident Abdulmalek Nasher. His family told KGO-TV he was a cab driver and was working when he was killed.

Investigators searched all night and into Tuesday morning and found evidence they believe was related to the case, but made no arrests, Josephson said.

Then at about 11 p.m. Tuesday, detectives asked patrol deputies to return to the scene to search for additional evidence.

At about 11:55 p.m., deputies heard someone calling for help and found a man, later identified as Pekipaki, lying on the ground in a turnout off Skyline Boulevard with stab wounds.

At the same time, deputies saw a man they believed to be a suspect, later identified as Dosouqi, driving away. A deputy fired at the oncoming vehicle, which was moving toward Pekipaki and the deputies, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Dosouqi was not shot, but he drove the vehicle off the road into a ditch. He was taken into custody and received treatment for a laceration to his arm, sheriff’s officials said.

Because both Nasher and Pekipaki died in the same area and both by stabbings, investigators are looking into whether their deaths are connected.

Dosouqi pleaded no contest to misdemeanor disturbing public peace related to a March 14 incident in which he was said to have been standing in traffic near Highway 1 north of Half Moon Bay and trying to touch people. He is said to have physically resisted sheriff’s deputies responding to the scene who told him to get out of the road and was sentenced to one year probation May 31, according to the San Mateo County District Attorney’s Office.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Thank you for reading the Daily Journal.

Please purchase an Enhanced Subscription to continue reading.Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase an Enhanced Subscription to continue reading.