A two-alarm fire at an apartment complex in San Mateo Thursday afternoon displaced five people and caused an estimated $30,000 in damage, San Mateo Deputy Fire Chief John Healy said Friday.

The blaze was reported at 1:30 p.m. at the Two Clark Drive Apartments and extinguished within about 30 minutes. The fire was contained to a top-floor unit in the three-story building, Healy said. It appears the blaze was caused by unattended food left on the stove.

No one was injured by the flames.

Healy said four adults and a child were displaced, and the blaze caused an estimated $20,000 in damage to the structure and $10,000 in damage to contents.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Thank you for reading the Daily Journal.

Please purchase an Enhanced Subscription to continue reading.Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase an Enhanced Subscription to continue reading.