Assemblyman Kevin Mullin, D-South San Francisco, spent to morning of Friday, March 6, shadowing Mitzi Zwierlein at her job at McDonald’s in San Mateo. Earlier in the morning, Ms. Zwierlein and her family met with Mullin to discuss her special support needs as she transitions to living independently outside her family home. The event was part of a larger statewide public awareness campaign called #WorkWithMe4ADay in recognition of Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month (March). Ms. Zwierlein was the 2019 winner of Gatepath’s Neal Poppin Award for her efforts to rise above limitations to live their best life possible. She has worked at McDonalds for 41 years.
Thank you for visiting the Daily Journal.
Please purchase an Enhanced Subscription to continue reading.
To continue, please log in, or sign up for a new account.
We offer one free story view per month. If you register for an account, you will get two additional story views. After those three total views, we ask that you support us with a subscription.
A subscription to our digital content is so much more than just access to our valuable content. It means you’re helping to support a local community institution that has, from its very start, supported the betterment of our society. Thank you very much!
- San Mateo County makes COVID progress
- San Bruno tries closure of its downtown street
- Half Moon Bay to ban alcohol on its beaches
- Big changes at Curiodyssey in San Mateo
- South San Francisco transportation company dreaming of electric shuttles
- Redwood City moves to ban gas in new developments
- Future of Redwood City ice rink unclear
- Highway 101/ State Route 92 revamp moves ahead
- San Mateo County Community College District candidate defends right to run for seat
- San Mateo County has a serious COVID problem
- Valeri scores 2 goals, Timbers beat Earthquakes 6-1
- Ex-Padres France, Torrens keep San Diego from clinching
- The Latest: India on track to surpass US as worst-hit
- Asia Today: Fewer cases in Melbourne, new surge in India
- Bassett, Lewis goals lift Colorado Rapids past LA Galaxy 2-0
- Trump promises to replace Ginsburg with a woman - and soon
- Trout, Ohtani put Angels past Rangers 4-3 for 3rd straight W
- Kevin Harvick nabs 9th win of season to roll into 2nd round
Recent Comments on our Stories
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.