The San Mateo Public Library celebrated its 25th Birthday at a Community Day party held Oct. 26. Guests were treated to performances by the Hillsdale Jazz Band and the San Mateo Buddhist Temple Taiko Drummers. Serving cake were, left to right, County of San Mateo Supervisor Carole Groom; City of Hillsborough Mayor Shawn Christianson; City of San Mateo Mayor Diane Papan; San Mateo Public Library Foundation President Ann Girard; and City of San Mateo Librarian James Moore.
- Terry scores 21, has 10 boards in Stanford's win over Tribe
- Leading white Democrats court black votes; some find trouble
- Krzyzewski wins 217th game with Duke ranked No. 1 in romp
- Police to guard polls for vote in protest-wracked Hong Kong
- Obama warns against ‘purity tests’ in Democratic primary
- Late 3 lifts TCU over UC Irvine 59-58 for Dixon’s 400th win
- Pope turns attention to needs of Thai church, young people
- Asian shares mostly higher despite US-China trade anxiety
Trending Stories on smdailyjournal.com
- Zareen’s set to open in Redwood City
- Three Bay Area counties to be affected by power shutoff
- Chick-fil-A definitely set to open soon in Redwood City
- Judge sides with San Mateo in housing suit
- Police raids net more than two dozen arrests; guns and drugs seized
- Frustration grows over ADU process in Redwood City
- The balance of power shifts in San Mateo
- Amazon store headed to downtown Burlingame
- South San Francisco housing approved
- Vietnam War’s ‘Freedom Birds’
Featuring a wide selection of gently-used reasonably priced books for the entire family. Gre… Read more
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.