Wednesday
September
02
2015
10:02 am
Weather

  Home
  Local News
  State / National / World
  Sports
  Opinion / Letters
  Business
  Arts / Entertainment
  Lifestyle
  Obituaries
  Calendar
  Submit Event
  Comics / Games
  Classifieds
  DJ Designers
  Archives
  Advertise With Us
  About Us
 
 
 
 
Dog turns on stove, which then sets laptop ablaze
September 01, 2014, 05:00 AM The Associated Press

LACEY TOWNSHIP, N.J. — Police say a New Jersey family’s dog turned on the stove, which caught the laptop resting on the burner on fire and sent smoke through the roof.

The fire was reported early Friday evening in Lacey Township while the owners were away.

Police tell the Asbury Park Press that investigators believe the dog accidentally turned on the stove, though they didn’t specify how that occurred.

Police say heat from the stove eventually burned a laptop computer that had been left on top of the appliance. Smoke was pouring from the roof when firefighters arrived, but the blaze was quickly extinguished.

Firefighters rescued the dog, which emerged unscathed.

 

 

Tags: stove, police,


Other stories from today:

U.S. trained Alaskans as secret ‘stay-behind agents’
Dog turns on stove, which then sets laptop ablaze
Strong earthquake aftershock shakes Napa Valley
 

 
Print this Page Print this Page  |  Bookmark and Share
<< Back
 
Return To Archives
 
  


 
 
 
Daily Journal Quick Poll
 
How worried are you about recent stock market volatility?

Extremely worried
Worried
Somewhat worried
Not worried
What, me worry?

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Obama gets Iran deal win as Senate Dems amass enough votes
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama secured a landmark foreign policy victory Wednesday as Senate..
US markets recover a day after big plunge
NEW YORK — U.S. stocks are moving broadly higher as the market bounces back from a plunge the day ..
More >>  
 
 
  
 
  
 
©2015 San Mateo Daily Journal
San Mateo County obituaries