Sunday
April
20
2014
8:54 am
Weather
  Home
  Local News
  State / National / World
  Sports
  Opinion / Letters
  Business
  Arts / Entertainment
  Lifestyle
  Obituaries
  Calendar
  Submit Event
  Comics / Games
  Classifieds
  DJ Designers
  Archives
  Advertise With Us
  About Us
 
 
 
 

Check out our archive of Dining Guides - Yum!

Council candidate loses support due to rap video
November 14, 2013, 05:00 AM The Associated Press

SAN BERNARDINO — A San Bernardino city council candidate is drawing some flak after music videos he recorded have turned up that critics say promote violence and crime.

The San Bernardino Police Officers Association recently pulled its endorsement of Anthony Jones who is in a runoff election for a council seat. The organization said it received the music videos in which some of the lyrics focus on violence and a gunshot sound effect is heard.

The 23-year-old Jones doesn’t regret making the videos, one of which was recorded two years ago. He said he wouldn’t make similar videos now because he’s involved in local politics and didn’t appear too worried about losing an endorsement.

Jones said he had been open about his past in the music business and the video had been made in collaboration with others.

 

 

Tags: videos, music, jones, bernardino,


Other stories from today:

Kerry: New Iran sanctions could scuttle diplomacy
Woman discusses forced exorcism allegations
Obamacare posts low health care signups
 

 
Print this Page Print this Page  |  Bookmark and Share
<< Back
 
Return To Archives
 
  


 
 
 
Daily Journal Quick Poll
 
What does the Easter bunny do when he visits your house?

Leave baskets for the kids
Hide eggs
Leave healthy treats
Hasn't been to my house in years

 

 
Tabbed Structure - Regular
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
  
 
©2014 San Mateo Daily Journal
San Mateo County order to show cause