Thursday
August
21
2014
1:15 am
Weather

  Home
  Local News
  State / National / World
  Sports
  Opinion / Letters
  Business
  Arts / Entertainment
  Lifestyle
  Obituaries
  Calendar
  Submit Event
  Comics / Games
  Classifieds
  DJ Designers
  Archives
  Advertise With Us
  About Us
 
 
 
 

Check out our archive of Dining Guides - Yum!

Woman, son killed in blaze found in bathroom as apartment burned
April 18, 2014, 05:00 AM

A woman and her 3-year-old son died after they were found trapped in a bathroom in their two-story public housing apartment in San Francisco’s Sunnydale neighborhood Wednesday morning, fire officials said.

Ester Ioane, 32, was pronounced dead in the apartment at 76 Brookdale Ave. after firefighters arrived at 9:54 a.m. Her son, William Santana, was rushed to San Francisco General Hospital but did not survive, according to the fire department and medical examiner’s office.

Fire Chief Joanne Hayes-White said the first floor living room area was fully involved in flames when firefighters arrived, and while there were smoke detectors in the room they apparently didn’t warn the mother and son in time.

She called the loss of the mother and son a “tragedy.”

 

 

Tags: ,


Other stories from today:

 

 
Print this Page Print this Page  |  Bookmark and Share
<< Back
 
Return To Archives
 
  


 
 
 
Daily Journal Quick Poll
 
Is it fair for the state to fine water wasters when broken and leaky pipes are losing billions of gallons?

Yes. Those are two different problems.
No. The state needs to gets its infrastructure in order first.
Yes but the pipes need fixing, too.
Would you expect anything else from government?

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Bank of America reaches $17B settlement with U.S.
WASHINGTON — Bank of America has reached a record $17 billion settlement to resolve an investigati..
Obama: U.S. won’t stop confronting Islamic State
WASHINGTON — The United States stood firm Wednesday in its fight against Islamic State militants w..
South San Francisco to be fogged for West Nile Thursday night
Mosquitoes infected with West Nile virus have spread to South San Francisco and prompted San Mateo ..
More >>  
 
 
  
 
  
 
©2014 San Mateo Daily Journal
Woodside news