Wednesday
September
03
2014
12:05 am
Weather

  Home
  Local News
  State / National / World
  Sports
  Opinion / Letters
  Business
  Arts / Entertainment
  Lifestyle
  Obituaries
  Calendar
  Submit Event
  Comics / Games
  Classifieds
  DJ Designers
  Archives
  Advertise With Us
  About Us
 
 
 
 

Check out our archive of Dining Guides - Yum!

Man to trial for drugging, raping girlfriend’s daughter
March 21, 2014, 05:00 AM Daily Journal Staff Report

Paul Messersmith

A 47-year-old Pacifica man accused of drugging his girlfriend’s teen daughter with sleeping medication, including a pill hidden in a bowl of ice cream, so that he could fondle and rape her, will stand trial.

Paul David Messersmith was held to answer on all five felony charges after a preliminary hearing Thursday. He is charged with forcible rape, rape by using an intoxicating substance, sexual penetration and battery. A misdemeanor sexual battery count was dropped for lack of jurisdiction.

He enters a Superior Court plea April 4.

Police arrested Messersmith after the 18-year-old girl told her mother, and then police, that on Dec. 11 she found a piece of pill in some ice cream he gave her after a driving lesson and was told the chunk was likely “an additive.” The girl said she grew woozy and laid on the couch with slurred speech when Messersmith pulled off her pajama bottoms and touched her. She said after waking up from a blackout, he carried her to a bedroom and raped her.

During a police interview the following day, the girl shared another incident where she ingested something odd tasting that Messersmith had given her and blacked out. The girl said she awoke to find herself in a hotel room with him fondling her chest but did not tell anyone out of concern for her mother’s relationship with him.

The police discovered the drug Messersmith allegedly used was Zolpidem, better known as Ambien.

If convicted, he faces life in prison because of the rape by intoxication charge.

He remains in custody without bail.

 

 

Tags: messersmith, after, police,


Other stories from today:

 

 
Print this Page Print this Page  |  Bookmark and Share
<< Back
 
Return To Archives
 
  


 
 
 
Daily Journal Quick Poll
 
The CPUC decided to fine PG&E $1.4 billion for the 2010 San Bruno explosion and fire, with almost $1 billion going directly to the state's general fund. What do you think?

Totally agree with it
Agree, but think the entire fine should go to pipeline improvements
Think it should be more
Think it's too much
Disagree, but think the entire fine should go to pipeline improvements

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
PG&E fined $1.4B for deadly 2010 gas line blast
SAN FRANCISCO — California regulatory judges issued a $1.4 billion penalty on Tuesday against the ..
Video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist
BEIRUT — An Internet video posted online Tuesday purported to show the beheading of U.S. journalis..
U.S. home prices rose at slower pace in July
WASHINGTON — U.S. home prices rose in July but at a slower rate compared with earlier this year. T..
U.S. manufacturing grows at fastest pace in 3½ years
WASHINGTON — U.S. manufacturing grew in August at the strongest pace in more than three years as f..
U.S. construction spending up 1.8 percent in July
WASHINGTON — U.S. construction spending staged a strong rebound in July, rising by the largest amo..
More >>  
 
 
  
 
  
 
©2014 San Mateo Daily Journal
San Mateo County probate notices