Tuesday
September
02
2014
9:45 pm
Weather

  Home
  Local News
  State / National / World
  Sports
  Opinion / Letters
  Business
  Arts / Entertainment
  Lifestyle
  Obituaries
  Calendar
  Submit Event
  Comics / Games
  Classifieds
  DJ Designers
  Archives
  Advertise With Us
  About Us
 
 
 
 

Check out our archive of Dining Guides - Yum!

McDonald’s manager pleads not guilty to robbery
February 20, 2014, 05:00 AM By Michelle Durand Daily Journal

Felix Gonzalez-Becerra

A McDonald’s manager suspected of robbing two of the fast-food franchises, including his own in Pleasanton, pleaded not guilty Wednesday to allegations he forced the employees of a San Mateo restaurant into a freezer before making off with some cash.

Prosecutors recently added three kidnapping charges to the case of Felix Jeronimo Gonzalez-Becerra, 42, which carries a potential life sentence.

Gonzalez-Becerra, of Oakland, is also charged with three counts each of second-degree robbery and false imprisonment.

After entering his not guilty plea yesterday, Gonzalez-Becerra was scheduled for jury trial May 27.

San Mateo police arrested Gonzalez-Becerra Sept. 2, 2013, after he was identified as the suspect in the robbery of the McDonald’s in the Laurelwood Shopping Center on the 1200 block of West Hillsdale Boulevard.

Employees said a man entered the restaurant around 10:30 p.m. with a face mask and gloves and what they believed to be a handgun but that turned out to be a replica. The robber forced the workers into the freezer and had one open the safe. He made off with an undisclosed amount of money but was apprehended when police officers responding to a broadcast description stopped his vehicle as it crossed the San Mateo-Hayward Bridge.

After his arrest, authorities tied him to an Aug. 28, 2013, robbery of a McDonald’s in Pleasanton that Gonzalez-Becerra managed. He is being prosecuted for that crime by the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office.

District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said although Gonzalez-Becerra allegedly moved the employees from one room to another space within the same building rather than an entirely new location the kidnapping charge “clearly qualifies” because of his “dangerous conduct.”

Gonzalez-Becerra returns to court for a conference May 6 prior to his jury trial and remains in custody without bail.

michelle@smdailyjournal.com

(650) 344-5200 ext. 102

 

 

Tags: becerra, gonzalez, after, mcdonald, employees, mateo,


Other stories from today:

 

 
Print this Page Print this Page  |  Bookmark and Share
<< Back
 
Return To Archives
 
  


 
 
 
Daily Journal Quick Poll
 
The CPUC decided to fine PG&E $1.4 billion for the 2010 San Bruno explosion and fire, with almost $1 billion going directly to the state's general fund. What do you think?

Totally agree with it
Agree, but think the entire fine should go to pipeline improvements
Think it should be more
Think it's too much
Disagree, but think the entire fine should go to pipeline improvements

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
PG&E fined $1.4B for deadly 2010 gas line blast
SAN FRANCISCO — California regulatory judges issued a $1.4 billion penalty on Tuesday against the ..
Video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist
BEIRUT — An Internet video posted online Tuesday purported to show the beheading of U.S. journalis..
U.S. home prices rose at slower pace in July
WASHINGTON — U.S. home prices rose in July but at a slower rate compared with earlier this year. T..
U.S. manufacturing grows at fastest pace in 3½ years
WASHINGTON — U.S. manufacturing grew in August at the strongest pace in more than three years as f..
U.S. construction spending up 1.8 percent in July
WASHINGTON — U.S. construction spending staged a strong rebound in July, rising by the largest amo..
More >>  
 
 
  
 
  
 
©2014 San Mateo Daily Journal
Foster City news