Wednesday
May
27
2015
12:55 am
Weather

  Home
  Local News
  State / National / World
  Sports
  Opinion / Letters
  Business
  Arts / Entertainment
  Lifestyle
  Obituaries
  Calendar
  Submit Event
  Comics / Games
  Classifieds
  DJ Designers
  Archives
  Advertise With Us
  About Us
 
 
 
 
Burglar takes deal for assaulting teen
December 18, 2013, 05:00 AM Daily Journal Staff Report

Alexander Dombrovic

A Chechnyan man who reportedly said “This has nothing to do with Boston” after being arrested for burglarizing a vehicle and assaulting the 13-year-old boy who tried stopping him settled his case for up to two years in prison.

On the morning his trial was to start, Alexander Dombrovic, 22, of Palo Alto, pleaded no contest to felony charges of assault and auto burglary. Prosecutors sought a maximum of two years and eight months but the court capped the deal at two years when Dombrovic is sentenced Feb. 26.

Sheriff’s deputies arrested Dombrovic April 21 in Portola Valley after a teen reported finding him rummaging though the family’s Range Rover which was parked in the driveway a little after 10 p.m. The boy allegedly went outside to investigate noise of a car pulling in and asked the man looking through his father’s car what he was doing.

Dombrovic allegedly yelled something incoherent and charged at the boy with an aluminum bat, swinging it tomahawk-style on his shoulder, before hopping into his own SUV and fleeing. The boy was bruised but otherwise uninjured.

Deputies in the area for other reasons responded to the call and saw Dombrovic driving on the wrong side of the road with his lights off, causing them to swerve.

Inside the vehicle, deputies reported finding 129 pieces of mail from 18 different victims and said five locked mailboxes in the area had been smashed open.

The officers reported Dombrovic making the comment about Boston, a reference to the widely publicized bombing at the Boston Marathon.

On Wednesday, Dombrovic appeared in court on charges of robbery, assault, vandalism, burglary and reckless driving. He pleaded not guilty and asked for a court-appointed attorney. Bail was set at $50,000.

 

 

Tags: dombrovic, deputies, reported, years, court,


Other stories from today:

 

 
Print this Page Print this Page  |  Bookmark and Share
<< Back
 
Return To Archives
 
  


 
 
 
Daily Journal Quick Poll
 
What do you think of home solar panels?

I have them, they are great
I have them, not so great
Thinking about getting them
Too expensive for the benefit
Heard they have problems
Don't like them

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Charter buying Time Warner Cable as TV viewers go online
NEW YORK — As TV watchers increasingly look online for their fix, cable companies are bulking up. ..
Amtrak to install long-sought cameras in locomotives
WASHINGTON — Amtrak said Tuesday it will install video cameras inside locomotive cabs to record th..
French diplomat doesn't see Iran nuke deal by end of June
WASHINGTON — France's ambassador in Washington says world powers and Iran will probably miss an en..
More >>  
 
 
  
 
  
 
©2015 San Mateo Daily Journal
San Mateo County name change notice