Saturday
August
29
2015
2:22 am
Weather

  Home
  Local News
  State / National / World
  Sports
  Opinion / Letters
  Business
  Arts / Entertainment
  Lifestyle
  Obituaries
  Calendar
  Submit Event
  Comics / Games
  Classifieds
  DJ Designers
  Archives
  Advertise With Us
  About Us
 
 
 
 
Miley Cyrus’ date turns self in, posts bail
August 29, 2014, 05:00 AM The Associated Press

DALLAS, Ore. — The young homeless man who accompanied Miley Cyrus to the MTV Video Music Awards and who had been sought on an Oregon arrest warrant has turned himself in and posted bail.

The director of Polk County Community Corrections in the Willamette Valley community of Dallas, Oregon, says 22-year-old Jesse Helt turned himself in Thursday, was booked on a probation violation warrant and then posted $2,500 bail.

Corrections Director Martin Silbernagel says Helt will be expected to appear before a judge in about two weeks.

Court records show that Helt pleaded guilty to misdemeanor criminal mischief and criminal trespass several years ago and was sentenced to 30 days in jail and probation. The arrest warrant was issued in November 2011 after he violated probation.

 

 

Tags: probation, warrant,


Other stories from today:

Officials: Joan Rivers rushed to hospital
Miley Cyrus’ date turns self in, posts bail
Madden NFL 15’ scores on new consoles
 

 
Print this Page Print this Page  |  Bookmark and Share
<< Back
 
Return To Archives
 
  


 
 
 
Daily Journal Quick Poll
 
Do you think Joe Biden should run for president?

Yes, I like him
Yes, it will give Hillary Clinton some competition
Only if Clinton's campaign starts failing
No, it will distract from Clinton's campaign
No, I don't like him
Doesn't matter, I'm voting Republican

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ashley Madison CEO steps down in wake of hacking
NEW YORK — The CEO of the company that runs adultery website Ashley Madison is stepping down in th..
Erika aims for Dominican Republic after 4 killed in Dominica
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic — Authorities in the Dominican Republic began to evacuate people..
200 feared dead in latest migrant disaster off Libya's coast
ZUWARA, Libya — Libyan authorities were collecting the bodies of migrants who drowned off the west..
Austrian officials: 71 migrants likely suffocated in truck
VIENNA — Police arrested several people believed to be part of a human smuggling operation in conn..
More >>  
 
 
  
 
  
 
©2015 San Mateo Daily Journal
Menlo Park newspaper