Monday
May
25
2015
2:35 am
Weather

  Home
  Local News
  State / National / World
  Sports
  Opinion / Letters
  Business
  Arts / Entertainment
  Lifestyle
  Obituaries
  Calendar
  Submit Event
  Comics / Games
  Classifieds
  DJ Designers
  Archives
  Advertise With Us
  About Us
 
 
 
 
Accuser of ‘X-Men’ director seeks case dismissal
August 22, 2014, 05:00 AM The Associated Press

HONOLULU — A former child model accusing “X-Men” director Bryan Singer of sex abuse in Hawaii says he wants to dismiss the lawsuit — not because it lacks merit but because he can’t find a new attorney to represent him.

Michael Egan III said in a court filing Wednesday that he previously sought the dismissal in sealed documents in federal court in Honolulu. He wants the case dismissed without prejudice, which would allow him to file it again later.

He said in the latest filing that he’s unable to proceed by himself.

His former attorneys asked to be removed from the case after their relationship with him deteriorated.

Singer has filed papers saying he wants the case dismissed with prejudice, with costs and fees imposed against Egan.

Egan previously dropped three similar lawsuits against other entertainment figures.

 

 

Tags: wants,


Other stories from today:

Accuser of ‘X-Men’ director seeks case dismissal
Emmy hopefuls play the angles to nab trophies
Julianne Hough dances back to ‘Dancing’ as judge
 

 
Print this Page Print this Page  |  Bookmark and Share
<< Back
 
Return To Archives
 
  


 
 
 
Daily Journal Quick Poll
 
What are you doing for Memorial Day?

Spending time with friends and family
Working
Going to a Memorial Day event
Chores
No plans

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
  
 
©2015 San Mateo Daily Journal
San Mateo County obituaries