Thursday
November
27
2014
1:29 am
Weather

  Home
  Local News
  State / National / World
  Sports
  Opinion / Letters
  Business
  Arts / Entertainment
  Lifestyle
  Obituaries
  Calendar
  Submit Event
  Comics / Games
  Classifieds
  DJ Designers
  Archives
  Advertise With Us
  About Us
 
 
 
 
New ‘Star Wars’ set 30 years after ‘Jedi’
March 20, 2014, 05:00 AM The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES — The new “Star Wars” has an official timeline and one confirmed returning character: robot R2-D2.

Director J.J. Abrams will begin shooting in May on “Star Wars: Episode VII,” which is set three decades after 1983’s “Return of the Jedi,” Disney CEO Bob Iger said Tuesday.

Speaking at the company’s annual shareholder’s meeting in Portland, Ore., Iger said the movie would feature “some very familiar faces along with a trio of new, young leads.” Abrams has a penchant for secrecy, and Iger said R2-D2 was the only “official cast member” he would announce.

“Episode VII” is set for release in December 2015.

Iger also said Pixar plans a third “Cars” movie and a sequel to 2004’s “The Incredibles.”

 

 

Tags: ,


Other stories from today:

 

 
Print this Page Print this Page  |  Bookmark and Share
<< Back
 
Return To Archives
 
  


 
 
 
Daily Journal Quick Poll
 
For what are you most thankful?

Family
Health
Job
Country
Friends

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Police suspect drowned Pacifica surfer is missing Shingle Springs man
Police believe a surfer who may have drowned at a Pacifica beach on Sunday evening was 52-year-old ..
Applications for US jobless aid jump to 313,000
WASHINGTON — The number of people seeking U.S. unemployment benefits jumped last week, pushing tot..
Prosecutor faces new criticism over Ferguson case
FERGUSON, Mo. — He criticized the media. He talked about witness testimony that didn't match physi..
More >>  
 
 
  
 
  
 
©2014 San Mateo Daily Journal
Woodside news