Wednesday
April
23
2014
10:52 am
Weather
  Home
  Local News
  State / National / World
  Sports
  Opinion / Letters
  Business
  Arts / Entertainment
  Lifestyle
  Obituaries
  Calendar
  Submit Event
  Comics / Games
  Classifieds
  DJ Designers
  Archives
  Advertise With Us
  About Us
 
 
 
 

Check out our archive of Dining Guides - Yum!

‘Fast & Furious 7’ delayed until April 2015
December 24, 2013, 05:00 AM The Associated Press

NEW YORK — Universal Pictures has delayed the release of “Fast & Furious 7” for almost a year following the death of star Paul Walker.

The studio announced Monday that the “Fast & Furious” sequel will be released in April 2015, instead of July next year. Shooting on the film was about halfway finished when the 40-year-old Walker died in a car crash outside of Los Angeles.

Walker still will appear in the film, though Universal has not said exactly how it will handle his unfinished performance.

Co-star Vin Diesel first posted the news on Facebook, telling his fans that, “He’d want you to know first.”

The franchise has been one of Universal’s most lucrative, grossing almost $2.4 billion worldwide since 2001. The last film, “Fast & Furious 6,” made $789 million.

Production on “Fast & Furious 7” was on Thanksgiving break when Walker and his friend, Roger Rodas, died in a fiery crash in Valencia on Nov. 30. Rodas, 38, was driving his 2005 Porsche Carrera GT with Walker in the passenger seat.

Investigators with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department have found no evidence of mechanical problems and have ruled out debris or other roadway conditions causing the car the slam into a light pole and tree. The investigation is ongoing, but law enforcement officials have said speed is believed to be the cause.

Shooting on “Fast & Furious 7” had been planned to resume in Atlanta two days after the crash, but Universal suspended production indefinitely.

 

 

Tags: walker, furious, universal,


Other stories from today:

‘Fast & Furious 7’ delayed until April 2015
No contest: Miley was our 2013 pop-culture queen
‘The Hobbit’ tops ’Anchorman 2’ at box office
 

 
Print this Page Print this Page  |  Bookmark and Share
<< Back
 
Return To Archives
 
  


 
 
 
Daily Journal Quick Poll
 
What do you think of the Warriors' proposal to move to Mission Bay?

Smart, a better location
Still like the waterfront arena concept
Wish they would stay in Oakland
Anywhere in San Francisco is good
How about the Burlingame waterfront?

 

 
Tabbed Structure - Regular
 
 
 
 
 
First lady announcing one-stop job site for vets
WASHINGTON — Aiming to streamline employment resources for people leaving the military, the govern..
South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
JINDO, South Korea — As the 156th body was pulled from waters where the ferry Sewol sank a week ag..
Michigan man among first in U.S. to get 'bionic eye'
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — A degenerative eye disease slowly robbed Roger Pontz of his vision. Diagnose..
More >>  
 
 
  
 
  
 
©2014 San Mateo Daily Journal
Foster City newspaper